Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Decorating with Vintage Doilies...

I love decorating but find it challenging when it comes to my own abode... I recently acquired some vintage doilies thinking I would take them into the shop to sell. I remember my Nana having them all over her house. On the back of chairs, tables, etc., she had wonderful doilies everywhere!

Not a doilies kind of gal, what to do with these crafty pieces of art? Light bulb goes off and the next thing you know... It looks like winter has exploded inside my home with these wonderful "snowflakes" all over the windows, above our fireplace, etc.

What a wonderful and inexpensive way to incorporate a little handmade vintage into your holiday decor! I used Elmer's glue spray adhesive to attach our doilies aka snow flakes to the windows and doors. What other vintage textiles could I use to add to my fireplace mantel? Vintage cotton stuffing for snow trees and vintage yarn wrapped around tree limbs found in my front yard.

When the lights are out, and only our white christmas lights are glowing, our doilies complete our Holiday Winter Decor.  You can find them at any thrift store, yard sale or flea market. Some are so intricate and detailed that they should be framed as art.  Happy Holidays!








No comments:

Post a Comment