Friday, January 15, 2010

Kitchen Redux































As a shop owner of vintage furnishings and decor, I'm always revising, repurposing, recycling pieces in my own home. This blog is about my personal trials and tribulations of decorating my home, my passion for things handmade and everything else important in my life that has some sort of connection to furniture, interior design, travel, etc.

I love so many things, different styles, that I have a hard time committing to a certain look or leaving a piece in a space for any length of time (thank God for furniture on wheels). I think as I grow the shop, my personal taste in design grows along with it.

I want to dedicate this first post to my wonderful husband, William. He's always been supportive of the shop, my OCD for change with our home, always rearranging pieces and rooms in our home and for living with chaos! We live in a 1920s Spanish Colonial home that has tons of character from the wood floors, plaster walls, coved ceilings,to the original windows.

When we purchased the home 7 years ago, the kitchen had been re-done and was somewhat functional. My husband is the chef in our family so it needs to remain functional for him. Meaning... I'll give him a "little" input regarding the new design but not too much. So we've started ripping out contractor grade cabinets, granite, etc., and will move forward with vintage pieces and custom cabinetry that reflects a french farmhouse with an industrial edge.

I'll do my best to keep my posts current with the progression of our "Kitchen Redux" and include photography as well. I'm always looking for suggestions, ideas, input or opinions -- so DON'T BE SHY!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela,

    Great idea with the blog. I can't tell you how much I miss you on Kentucky Ave! I used to loved to pop in and nose around while I was downtown. I'm going to try to get better at stopping by the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I became a follower a while ago, can't remember exactly how I found your blog now...So I have gone back and read all your posts (well read most, but looked at the photos on all) Since you say not to be shy, may I say your shop looks divine! I live in Chicago and have really only come to FL for Disney (we vacation in CA a lot). I love everything in your online store as well...and it is a very cool site, but so hard to navigate and to view text and photos. I think I would be inclined to order, the things that you carry are my current decor tastes... industrial. I guess what I am saying is I am hoping that your online store becomes more user friendly because I would like to become a customer! :)Heidi

    ReplyDelete